Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cheers!

I had a rough weekend and Monday.  Tears come readily and easily now.  But, Robyn said it is ok to cry, so I am going with it!  LOL!  I woke up Tuesday feeling more myself and took my mom, Judy, and Kendra's advice.  I need to find some things to do.  Not having my own house and yard to take care of makes a big difference in my day...not to mention the 5 or 6 activities that I had to resign from before leaving.  This time of year should be SO busy with both kids in sports, Chicken Supper plans, and 2 Bible studies!   Too much time to sit and worry and think right now.  So, I bought some knitting needles yesterday and some yarn and Sue has a book that will supposedly teach me how to knit.  I haven't started yet, but am excited to.  Sue and I are also going to the quilt shop soon so I can pick out a table topper to do.  I asked our builder for a drawing of our house situated on our property to scale so that I can start planning my landscaping and gardens...I so miss my flowers and taking care of them.  Going to get measurements for windows and start shopping for window treatments.  I am thinking about making a shower curtain for the guest bathroom.  I am still working on a Bible study that Kendra and I started this summer.  It is Kay Arthur's "Lord, Teach Me to Study the Bible."  It is neat because she is teaching us by using the book of Jonah.  It will be nice going into my other study that starts in a few weeks - which I actually registered for and payed for-so that means I will have to go and not chicken out!  SO, I am getting there...slowly. 

Jeff didn't get home until 7:45 last night.  What a long day for him!  Work is going well for him, but with it being the end of the month he has been working late.  I am looking forward to the long weekend so we can see him more!

I am heading to Emily's classroom today to help with a project.  It is actually a little intimidating to do since I know no one there, but I know I have to jump in in order to meet anyone.  Plus Emily is excited to have me :)
The "Cheers" song just came to mind. Ha ha ha. Does that mean I need to go to a bar?  LOL

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

Ha ha ha!  That was fun :)

Can I just say that facebook is awesome?  And texting!!  Of course phone calls and email too. :)  I have gotten so much encouragement over the past week from my friends through these ways.  With texting I can almost always get someone when I need them/want them.  I am extremely thankful.  But I also know that I need to be careful not to rely too much on instantaneous encouragement from my texting/facebook friends.  I need to remember that my best Friend is ALWAYS there, always available, understands completely, longs for me to come to Him, and bottles and keeps all of my tears.  He is ready and completely available for me...even without electricity, cell signals, or WiFi.   He has sent me encouragement and love through each of you and I am thankful for each one of you...and that you use the technology available to you...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment