This has been a long two weeks. Loooonnnggg. I am tired and weary and am stumbling and falling. Right now I need to hope in the Lord so that my strength is renewed. So I can walk, run, and soar over my circumstances and not become bogged down. I know. I have heard. He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth. He is not someone we can understand. He does not become tired or weary. He gives His own strength to the weary and gives His own power to the weak. I am so thankful that His Spirit is inside of me, picking me up right now as I stumble along. I need a recharge!
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12On the morning of August 22nd I woke up at 4am with a headache. It was so dark and quiet in the house. It was raining. A steady hard rain. I was praying myself back to sleep. Praying about the sell of our house. God spoke to me. He said 'soon.' I knew it was Him...no question. I was so at peace, thanking Him.
Since that moment, it seems like I have been battling. The rulers, authorities, and powers of this dark world and the spiritual forces of evil are present and trying to make themselves known - that is not a joke. I definitely am not battling with any human right now...well, except my flesh maybe. I know what I believe yet I question myself. I need to claim what I heard and Who I heard it from - He told me that it would be 'soon' - I need to cling to it. The devil is trying to tell me that I didn't hear it or it wasn't Him. He is also letting me entertain feelings of complete hopelessness on the whole situation.
Since that morning...
- Jeff's company had a consulting group (or whatever you call them - probably could insert some not so nice names here!) in to make some 'suggestions' on how to save the company money. They made some decisions on cutting some jobs/positions out here and there and reorganizing some others. They have known this for a few weeks now - us knowing that Jeff would find out on August 30th. What a weight to carry around. I'm proud of Jeff - he handled it so well - giving it all to God and letting Him have complete control of it instead of worrying day in day out. He found out yesterday that his position was going to be fine. I always felt pretty positive about it - Jeff has done wonderful things with his department since he moved here and has been recognized for it. But you just never know...and being in the situation we are in... Ugh. So, praise Him for protection for Jeff's job - once again!
- Our church home of 34 years in Indiana went through some hard changes last week - that had most likely been brewing for a few years. Many mistakes were admittedly made in handling the changes and unfortunately has left many disheartened and so broken. We are hurting too for the divisiveness this has caused amongst the body.
- Our church home of 9 months in North Carolina went through some hard changes last week. Our lead pastor stepped down. There was inconsistency between his behavior and the standard for spiritual leaders as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. We are so sad - we so enjoyed his preaching. And so burdened to pray for him and his family. What is affecting us the most though - the fallout from this - the ripple effect that goes throughout the families in the congregation. As life group leaders, Jeff and I are in the midst of this - trying to check in on and comfort and encourage our friends and the church leaders. Jeff has been incredibly strong through this - speaking truth and God's encouragmenet into lives here and in Indiana. As a couple, we have decided that our church has handled this the best that they could - taking many steps to prevent it from happening, we agree with the plan they have moving forward so that this is less likely to happen again, and we are letting go of the want to know 'what in the world happened??' There are several couples/people that I feel we have grown closer to through these past few weeks of this hard, sad time. So, praise Him for giving us friends - once again!
- I still have not heard a thing from the 7 jobs I have applied for. But, I will praise Him for providing for us, Jeff's job stability, and more time at home!
- Our house has been for sale for 14 month now (minus the few months the renters were in). This has been where I have struggled the most...for a year now...wow. God wants me to trust HIM. Our sense of security and stability should be found in Him, who never changes and never fails - not our situations, our relationships, our finances, our jobs, our homes, our churches... He wants me to learn this and accept this. I am being broken...I do believe. God and I have been in a tug of war over this for a year. I am tired. Of course, He is not pulling - I am. He'll let me keep trying to control it. Our poor realtor got the brunt of my frustrations this week. I hear suggestions and advice and I think - ah! maybe that will work - maybe that will sell it. All the while, God is standing patiently right by my side saying - 'Just give it to Me.' So I give it to Him, I wait a while...then I take it right back...thinking - you aren't doing anything, so I will try. “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”(Mark 9:24) I really do believe. THIS is what spiritual warfare is all about...I believe. I do!!! Then self gets in the way. Then the devil whispers - 'this is hopeless...it's been 14 months! take action - you need to do something.' Then I say - "Get away from me." Then I'm ok for an hour...maybe. Exhausted. Weary. I will persevere. God gave me encouragement a week and a half ago. I will NOT let the devil stomp out my hope. And as our Indiana neighbors celebrate because they just sold their house in about a month so they could relocate out of state, I will choose to celebrate with them. He can't make us all have cookie-cutter stories and experiences, so our situation is what we need. Them selling quickly is what they need. I wrestled Him last night for awhile over this...at least it was a nice night out - full moon, pretty fountain to look at - hopefully no mosquito bites - we'll see!
- I went to the doctor for a UTI on Monday, but am feeling much better from the drugs. Having palpitations though. I know that is from stress though. The three day weekend will help I'm sure.
- The kids started school on Monday. They love their teachers! I'm so glad.
- Emily pulled out her last tooth without us knowing and put it under her pillow to see if the Tooth Fairy would come. Jeff and I talked to her last night and now my baby girl is another step closer to being an adult. There were tears...mostly hers. But she accepted things really well. And once again, Jeff stepped in and did an amazing job explaining things to her.
I may be weak, but Your Spirit's strong in me. My flesh may fail, but God - You never will. Give me strength to trust what you say. That You're good and Your love is great. I'm broken inside. I give you my life.
(click on it - it's a song I've been singing over and over and over in my head for weeks...)
Please pray for me to rest in