Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Watchful and Thankful

I had to get this as a great reminder to us.  It says "The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."
So, I begged for clarity.  I kid you not, the next day it came.  Clear as the Carolina skies like I asked for!  Don't you love it when God gives us what we ask for - and we KNOW He's the One who gave it to us?

I got to speak to someone about the RN position - it was a full time M-F job as a Case Manager for Worker's Comp.  Some of it was from home (paperwork) but majority of it was driving around following the patient, place of employment, attorneys, and insurance.  It was clear that this was too much of a time committment here in this new city.  I then pretty much knew that I don't have anything to lose by signing up to sell ThirtyOne.  I am also hoping to help one of my neighbor friends who opened a consignment shop with some advertising online.  So, that is what I'm going to do so my little rugrats can do some extra activities.  I also am feeling more at peace about leading a Bible Study at the house.  I had to tell what my spiritual gifts were on my 'application' to be a leader.  I looked up my test but I took it probably 5-6 years ago.  My gifts WERE:  Knowledge, Service/Help, Leadership.  But NOW they are:  Knowledge, Leadership, Wisdom, Discernment,Teacher, Administration, Exhortation.  And it seems like over a lot of the areas the scores were a lot higher.  I asked the Life Groups pastor whether your spiritual gifts change over time.  He said definitely through spiritual growth and maturity your gifts can change.  So, as I see what my gifts are (Hospitality scored high too, but not as high as these) and what I know my passions are (connecting women to others and God so that they feel encouraged and loved) it seems clear to go forward with the Bible Study - trusting Him in the unfamiliar territory.  I also got word just a bit ago that the PTO actually decided that they do not want to move forward with the Spirit Rock - which was a bit disappointing to me, but it frees up something else that was on my plate that was just extra time that I was going to have to give.

Evan is having a hard week.  Grandma Judy (Jeff's mom) had total knee replacement surgery yesterday.  We have been talking about it and we packed up a fun care package to send her way.  He is really worried about her though.  His teacher said he was a bit 'off' yesterday and he has been extremely whiney and negative about everything ever since school started back up.  We will call her this afternoon - hopefully that will help some.  Not sure what is going on.  Mrs. Gordon and I are working on it. 


We have gotten the living room and the morning room painted.  I feel like I have tunnel vision right now trying to get as much as I can painted downstairs.  I love how it looks.

So I prayed for clarity and I got clarity.  Too bad it doesn't work that way everytime. Some scriptures make it seem like all you have to do is ask and 'poof' you get it.

Matthew 7:7 " Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

But, it seems like your motives probably need to line up with what God would want...


James 4:3  "When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

So, yes, He gave me clarity because I asked and because my motives were pure - I do not want to do anything that He does not want me to do.  I want to spend my time wisely and allow Him to be able to work through me.  But, He also may have chosen not to answer that prayer.  And there are other prayers that He has not answered.  Ahem...like selling our house.  First I think - am I asking with wrong motives so that I may spend what we get on our pleasures??  Hrm.  I have to think about that.  WHY do I want our house to sell?  Just because He hasn't answered them yet doesn't mean our asking is wrong.  His timing is completely perfect and the sell of our house is NOT overdue.

Habakkuk 2:3 TLB  "But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass.  Just be patient!  They will not be overdue a single day!" 

In my devotional book today I read that presenting what I need over and over to God keeps my needs/concerns in the forefront of my mind - keeping me in a state of tension.  Instead, pray with a thankful heart and thank Him for the plans He already has for our house to sell and the plans He set into motion long before we could discern results.  "Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My promises."

Colossians 4:2  "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

No comments:

Post a Comment