Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some JOY set before us!

Yesterday was one of those days.  Do you ever get tired of being 'positive'?  Or grow weary in having faith that even though you have a big problem - "everything is just going to work out fine cause God has it under control."  Some days that just sounds like a cliche.  Yesterday I just wanted a break from being strong is what I told myself.  Felt like it was the hardest thing I could do to put one foot in front of the other and continue just being strong.  I was, again, after signing the kids up for the over-priced sports programs here, angry at Him for having us in this situation with two house payments.

This morning these two verses came to mind:

Galatians 6:9   "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Hebrews 12:1-2   "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I described myself to several people yesterday as feeling 'weary' - and it felt like it was weariness from doing good - having unwavering faith in a situation that doesn't seem too great.  (And of course, I know that our situation isn't horrible compared to so many that people are facing right now...so part of me doesn't even want to write/talk publicly about this, but this is how I feel...)   So I felt attacked...weary, TIRED of being positive.  I wanted to whine.  But, Galatians says we will reap a harvest (obtain a return or reward) if we do not give up.  So, I will obtain a reward for my faith?

I love the verses in Hebrews - always have.  But when I read them this morning - WOW!  It is what I needed to review and see in a new way.  I need to run this race (this life) with perseverance the way that it is marked out for me (not necessarily the circumstances and path I would have chosen, but the one that is marked out by Him.)  I can do this easier if I throw off the stuff that hinders me and sin - casting my anxieties on the Lord because He cares for me (1 Peter 5:7).  I can also do this easier if I keep my eyes on Jesus - HE went ahead of me in this world and had to have faith - He finished the race - He knows how hard it was.  He endured difficulties and uncertain situations and circumstances for the joy that He knew was yet to come.  Philippians 3:20-21 says,  "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."  And from Revelation 21:4 we know that in heaven, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”  

Now THAT is some cool stuff to look forward to!  I would say that that is some JOY set before us!  And I can say once again that I can perserve!



On some another notes...
Got some more painting done downstairs - kitchen and mud room.  And, I am now an Initials, Inc. rep.  :)  I talked with my friend Shawna who used to sell ThirtyOne and she encouraged me to see how many ThirtyOne reps were around - there were a TON...and then look into this company.  Initials, Inc. has super cute bags, purses and other items that you can personalize - embroidery is always free!  Check out my website:  www.myinitials-inc.com/AmyKissel.

And I haven't said this in awhile, but thank you so much to all of my friends and family that support us and pray for us...so thankful for you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment