Sunday, October 30, 2011

Turning the Page, but the Book Ain't Over!

Up early with thoughts running through my head and a need to write them down!  The past 4 days went fast, yet seem to have lasted forever too!  Sue and I left Wednesday morning and headed to Evansville.  We had a great time talking the whole way and sharing many stories.  The drive was easy and seemed short.  Sue went on to spend time with Judy for a few days while I had a nice time staying with my parents.  I got to go eat dinner with them and get ALL of their attention - LOL!  Didn't have to share it with Em & Ev!  Ha ha ha!  It was very fun to hang out with them and talk and watch the baseball games on tv too.  Thursday I headed over to our house and was literally shaking when the moving truck pulled up at 8am.  I walked the guys, Rob and Sven, through the house.  "Yes, that goes, yup, yup, that too."  I stepped out on the porch and fought back some tears.  "Crap!  There is a MOVING truck in front of our house!...To move us to NORTH CAROLINA!!"
Kendra arrived and we sat on the couch looking through magazines and catching up for the majority of the morning.  It felt incredibly weird not being able to work.  If you know me, you know I like to be busy and working and helping.  I brought some chocolates for Kendra and I.  Our husbands jokingly (I think...) tell us that we just sit around and eat bon bons all day, so I figured for our last days as neighbors we needed to actually do it.  Don't be mad that I put the picture in, Kendra - too cute not to share!
Rhonda, my favorite friend with a pet goat, came by to visit too - it was so good to see her!!  Someone actually even came to see the house in the midst of the chaos.  By 3pm the guys had the inside of the house packed.  I think it would have taken me a week.  They took off and I started cleaning a few things in the house.  I also started thinking of the mess, the amount of stuff they couldn't take with them that I was going to need to transport, and how long it is going to take to unpack and started to become overwhelmed.  The box of spaghetti that got spilled and then stepped on a hundred times that day throughout the house didn't help!  LOL!  I found it hard to pray while I was in Evansville.  I am not sure why.  Not for lack of trying.  Probably just the amount of stress and emotion involved I guess.  Friday morning the guys arrived and started loading the truck and packing up the garage and shed.  They underestimated how much stuff we had outside, so it took them about 4 hours longer than they thought it would.  It was amazing to see how fast they got it done though.  I felt a lot better on Friday because I was busy cleaning each room as it emptied out.  I also got to be a hero for finding some lost favorite toys for the kids AND the cats!  My parents and Kendra were there most of the day and the guys were joking around with us a lot.  Lots of laughing, which was so nice. The house actually looks really good empty.  I know that our realtor and everyone else says it is harder to sell an empty house, but I think we might of still had too much stuff in our house and now that it is empty it looks SO much bigger - some areas are open and nice that we had big pieces of furniture in - blocking nice window areas, etc.  So, I am very confident that it will be good for the sell.


As I left the subdivision after a long two days I could not hold back the tears.  I was overwhelmed with emotion.  My mom sat next to me as I drove away and reminded me that each chapter of our lives is sad when it ends, but the next one always has something to look forward to.  As I am typing this now, we are back at Tony and Sue's.  The kids are up now and all 4 of us are piled in the bed and the kids are watching something you'd never believe.  We have not watched it in years. 'Blue's Clues'  This show was a favorite of both kids when they were toddlers.  Both had Blue's Clues themed 2nd birthday parties.  (Emily even had the special edition blue ice cream with paw print shaped cookies in it that gave everyone some odd green colored poo for a few days afterwards, but that is another story! ha!)  What a fun time it was in our lives.  Cute little kiddos toddling around with a little diaper butt and cute words babbling out of their mouths.  But, what adventures we have had with them since those days!  How much they have learned.  How Jeff and I have grown closer to each other and to God since then.  How I have grown and changed and learned and become stronger since then.  It was a fun time and it is ok to reminiscence and to even get a little teary thinking back and missing it a bit. But, greater things have come and are even yet to come.  And as God has closed the Evansville chapter in our lives, just as the Blue's Clues chapter came to an end, He is leading us on to the next page in our stories which He prepared just for us.

1 Corinthians 2:9

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
   “No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
      and no mind has imagined
   what God has prepared
      for those who love him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment