- We have been blessed beyond measure straight from God. James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- Yet we are hurting and are mourning a loss. John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- He comforts us! Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- And He gives us strength through His Spirit and through others who have done this before. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
- And He prepared us for this already. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Not every blessing comes up all roses all the time. God has promised that we will have trouble in this world - even amidst all the great things. I am thankful that while we are enjoying our blessings and praising Him for them, we can also call on Him for comfort since this blessing is causing pain, too! Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers!
"Blessings" by Laura Story - Click here to listen to a great song to go with my thoughts tonight!