Friday, September 30, 2011

Bring Peace To All Who Enter - Even The Thieves!

Another week is gone...time is going by so quickly.  I can hardly believe it is 4 weeks til we move in!  I am getting very excited.  Yet, the time getting short is causing Jeff and I to waver in our faith.  We are struggling hourly to trust Him in His plan with the sell of our home in Evansville.  The people who saw our home on Sunday and the people on Tuesday both liked it...but have since put other houses above ours on their lists.  The approaching two mortgages, company relocation money running low, and Christmas coming is in our thoughts - but He has our best in mind.  He will provide.  Amazingly the thousands that we had to pay for the medical stuff for Evan and Jeff has not been a burden to us...He works it out...and if it does become a burden - He will teach us, strengthen us, and make us better during that time.

This week has been weird.  Very roller coaster-y for me.  Besides the house stuff in E'ville, our new home had electrical wiring cut and stolen two nights in a row.  Frustrating!  I can't help but pray for them.  My parents wrote a prayer near the front door.

"Bring peace to all who enter."  - Yes, Lord, please do that.  So many of us have been so desperate to try whatever we can to 'fix' our situation.  Just let them learn that they can rest in You!

Emily has dealt with learning what popularity is.  I very much remember learning that in 4th grade, too.  I however began my descent into "I am who others say I am."   She has befriended a girl that isn't the most likeable and is 'one day a best friend one day doesn't like her' and has some personal issues going on.  Some decisions had to be made by Jeff and I due to some of what had been shared about her life to Emily.  Hopefully now some situations will be worked on for the benefit of the girl.  I am all for Emily being kind and showing the love of Christ to everyone, I do think though, that at this age, she does not need to put herself knowingly into relationships that could possibly cause her to stumble.  So a lot of encouragement this week from us and her teacher to continue to be kind, but to branch out and make other friends.  Not sure whether the teacher helped this along or not, but since we have been talking about this, Emily is now being invited to sit at different tables at lunch and play with different girls at recess. The girls in class are being very kind to open up their 'circles' and include her now.  I hope to sit down with Emily in the next few days and start going over some verses that I just had to learn over the past 5 years...ones that affirm who I am in Christ.  I never believed any of them with my heart.  "I am who God says I am now."  I can't imagine learning these truths and believing them with your heart at a young age...what a gift that would be!  If anyone would like this list of verses about how much He adores you I would love to share it with you.  A favorite quote of mine from pastor Rick Warren: 
"When you realize how much God loves you - with an extravagant, irresistible, unconditional love - then His love will change your entire focus on life."

I had lunch on Wednesday with 3 sweet moms from Emily's class at Panera.  Felt so normal to just sit and talk about school.  There is a new principal this year who is enforcing the rules, causing some of the 'strictness' so everyone (new or old) is learning together...lots to talk about! :)  Very sweet ladies!  I have joined a social website for Union County Moms.  There are tons of moms on there and it is a great resource to ask questions, etc.  Anyway, I've only been on there a handful of times and decided to introduce myself the other day.  I ended up starting a conversation with a girl named Wendy and we met up for lunch yesterday.  She moved here in March and lives in the neighborhood right next to ours.  She has a first grade daughter, a two year old daughter, and is due with her third daughter at the end of Oct.  I have felt like I have had to force myself to make these dates and do these things...I never want to do them, but afterwards I am always glad I do.  I could easily just be a hermit right now, no one would now.  But I know that I need fellowship.  Yesterday morning I was supposed to call Wendy and let her know if I did indeed want to meet up.  So, after a headache for two days, a crappy day before, and up at 4:30 because of that - I just did not want to...I sighed a prayer (or maybe it was a whine...God I don't want to do this...) and a verse came immediately to me.  "Do not stop meeting together."  Of course I don't ever know the whole verse or the address, but have since looked it up.  Hebrews 10:25 says "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching."  I called her up, we met, and she told me a pretty neat story about the nondenominational church they have been going to since they moved here.  I looked it up last night and it looks pretty neat.  Definitely one we will be trying out.  She has been saved and baptized since March.  I can't help but feel like it was a divine meeting.

Oh, and I just have to add that I was very proud of myself yesterday because I learned how to look up what indicator light was on in the van, check my tire pressure, and fill my tires to the appropriate amounts.  Yes, I have never done that.  I usually just freak.  :)  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment