Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Since He Didn't Want To Come Down Himself And Make A Scene!

Yesterday morning I started a Bible study.  I was certain when I found the list of studies at Calvary Church in Charlotte, that "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted" by Priscilla Shirer sounded very much like something I needed!!

I was nervous yesterday driving the way that the GPS took me, which was on the two main interstates instead of the loop around the city.  Lots of traffic and several accidents.  I was nervous driving up to the ginormous church...there are so many entrances, where do I go??  When I got to the lot and parked I checked my email again.

I had a message from Stacie, whom I have not talked to or seen in years:
Hey Amy. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. God has put you on my heart this morning. I know how hard moving is, and I know you are still adjusting. I am praying for your family to know that God is with you in this, and He is seeing you through. Praying for some new, Godly friendships for you! ~Stacie

I had a text from my dear friend Kendra:  
Remeber they r ur sister friends! They r not strangers they just have not had the privilege to know u yet!!

I was blessed.  I felt completely normal and at ease walking in to the church, following the droves of women, going up the escalator (um yeah, an escalator), and walking into my classroom.  The teacher made me instantly at ease.  I was excited to share with the 13 or so other women my story and introduce myself...when will it be my turn?  Have I EVER thought that??  I HATE introductions usually.  The stories in that room were amazing and were all woven together with similarities.  I don't think any of them are originally from here so they were all understanding.  I felt as though I had instant sisters.  As I put on my facebook yesterday, I am so glad that no matter where you go there are always sisters in Christ.  I am certain that this is the class where I am supposed to be right now.  And I think that God used Stacie and Kendra yesterday morning to come down and give me a hug, tell me it is ok, and that He is with me.  He used them since He didn't want to come down Himself and make a scene I guess!!!  LOL!  What a blessing that Stacie and Kendra followed His prompting.

A few things that Priscilla Shirer says in the first part of the study:

"We planned one thing for our lives, and yet our current situation looks nothing like what we had in mind.  Someone tampered with our ambitions, goals, and dreams.  The yellow-brick road of our lives veered off in some unexpected direction."   "If He is our priority and His will is our primary purpose, then when the "word of the LORD" comes to us or when He allows us to see His hand in our circumstances, we must see it as an esteemed opportunity to participate in kingdom purposes."   "Interruptions only become positive when we consider the person or the circumstance interrupting to be more significant than that which currently occupies our attention."   "When we signed up to follow Christ, we automatically signed up to be open to "Divine Intervention"--God interruptions.  While His "call" might not always be convenient or easy, responding to it should not just be a duty but our joy."

It was SO kind of Ms. Shirer to write this study for me!  LOL :)  Actually, in all seriousness, I know that my "situation" is not dire and others have situations that they are facing that are horrible and beyond explanation.  I hope that this can be an encouragement to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment