Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Great Weekend

Checking out the living room
We had such a great weekend!  My parents came for the weekend on their way to Myrtle Beach.  Saturday we showed them around the area.  We went to a consignment shop in Indian Trail and I met one of our new neighbors there.  She recognized me and my van from the neighborhood and the school pickup line and introduced herself.  We moved on to the house and were so excited to walk through it and show it to my mom and dad.  We all wrote Bible verses of our choice on the floors and walls - Emily drew some pictures, too.  We stopped in at the model home and showed them what the finished product will look like too and they met Rachelle.
Evan wrote this on his bedroom floor:  James 2:23 "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness and he was called the friend of God."  Evan's favorite song is "I am a Friend of God"
We had a great lunch at Fuddrucker's then headed to the Reed Gold Mine where the first gold in America was discovered in 1799.  It was a really cool place - a little museum, actual underground old mine to tour, old stamp mill, trails, and then panning for gold.  Evan found a piece and so did I.  We then got to swim at my parent's hotel, which was really fun.  You know, when we said we were leaving, so many people told us that we will have such a great time with our family now because all of our time will be quality spent time.  Not that we weren't having a good time with them before, but I think you start to take for granted having people around and seeing them regularly. 
This was hard work!
Evan and Grandpa


Bargain tables - all 4 for under $100.
Saturday morning Tony and Sue's neighborhood had yard sales.  I got 3 tables for the house -one of them being rather old.  I got one off of Craig's List last week too :)  I love the way old furniture is sanded down and painted but still looks old and beat up. Gonna try some of that out with the old table I think.  I have so many projects floating around in my head that I think I will be busy for the next few years!!  Last Tuesday I went to a quilting class.  I have the blocks for a lap Christmas lap quilt sewn together and arranged on a board - ready to start putting them together.
My quilt

Evan got 'Star Student' in his classroom on Friday!  He was SO excited!  He had been trying his hardest to be awarded it ever since Emily got it.  This week he gets to talk to the class about different things about him each day.

I invited the 4 moms that I have met in Emily's classroom to meet for lunch tomorrow.  They all agreed!  I am praying for friendships and God to place the perfect friends in my life.  Somehow, I have NO IDEA how this happened (LOL), I have been asked to consider taking on the Auction Item Coordinator position for Wesley Chapel's Spring Fling Thing in May.  So, I need to figure out if I want to jump in head first or not!  

We had another showing Sunday, but no feedback.  We have another one today at 3:30.  If you read this before then, please pray that our home would be the perfect fit for them.  I waver back and forth between panic and then resting completely and just KNOWING that our house is going to sell in the perfect timing.  I know He is working.  Please Lord, help my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment